How Can We Help You?
Browse our list of common questions to get the answers you’re looking for. If your query is not addressed, kindly contact our support team at [email protected] or on +27 (0) 11 771 4120 and we will assist you.
- Visit the Login page.
- Enter your email address in the Email Address field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Click Log Into My GIBS Profile.
If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it online by clicking the Forgot/Reset Password link at the bottom of the login form, after which you will be emailed instructions for resetting your password.
Once logged in, you can view and edit your profile by clicking on the Profile tab at the top of the page. You will then be able to make any necessary edits, after which you need to click Update to apply these changes.
The details captured on your GIBS profile will appear on your academic record with the university. Please ensure that your details are accurate prior to your enrolment.
You can change your password by going to the Profile tab on the GIBS website and clicking Change Password and following the prompts.
To change your password this way, you will need to be logged in, and you will be asked to enter your existing password. If you are logged out or have forgotten your password, you will need to click the Forgot/Reset Password link on the Login page.
- Visit the Login page
- Enter your email address
- Click the Forgot/Reset Password link below the login form
- Check your email inbox for a password reset email from [email protected]
- Click the password reset link in the email and follow the instructions provided
If you don’t receive a password reset email from us:
- Check your spam or junk folder
- Make sure that the email address [email protected] is not blocked
- Add the email address [email protected] to your contact / safe sender list.
- Contact your email service provider for assistance.
- Confirm that the email address you entered on the forgotten password service is the same as the one used when originally registering on GIBS
- Contact us at [email protected] or on +27 (0) 11 771 4120
Once you’ve completed the online registration process, you’ll be taken directly to our payment page, where you’ll be able to choose from our available payment options.
If you’ve previously completed the registration process and would like to return to the payment page, you can do so on the Profile tab by selecting the My Enrolments option.
We offer the following payment options:
- Credit Card
- Cheque (Debit) Card
- EFT (electronic transfer) or direct bank deposit
- Instant EFT
- Debit Order (only available for South African citizens)
Unfortunately, GIBS does not offer financial assistance at this stage.
However, we do offer the following payment options which may work better for you and your finances:
- Debit Order
- The debit order payment option gives you the flexibility of paying off your course over 3 to 6 months. The terms available to you are dependent on your course start date and length.
- Please note that this payment option is only available to South African citizens.
- Two-Part Payment
- You can pay a 50% deposit via credit card or EFT to secure your seat on the course. The balance is due within 30 days from the start date.
- Mobicred is a simple and convenient online credit facility with repayments over 12 months. The application process is done online and is subject to an approval process from Mobicred, a registered credit provider.
Please note that this payment option is only available to South African citizens.
Unfortunately, GIBS does not offer bursaries or student loans at this stage. However, with the University of Pretoria’s prestigious reputation, it is very possible for you to source and secure external bursaries or funding in order to secure your course seat.
You’ll have the option of choosing to pay via EFT during the payment process.
- On the payment page, select the EFT payment option.
- Click on the Submit Registration button.
- We will assign you a unique payment reference number and provide the GIBS bank account details.
- Your payment reference number must be used when making the transfer so that we can accurately link the payment to your account.
- We will email you a copy of these details.
Your bank may ask for our SWIFT code when making the payment. A SWIFT code is an international bank code that identifies particular banks worldwide. The GIBS bank account SWIFT code is XXX
Unfortunately, we don’t accept payment from American Express or Diners Club credit cards. We do accept all Visa and Mastercard credit/cheque cards.
Please note that the debit order payment option is only available to South African citizens.
As long as your card has a Visa or Mastercard logo, a card number, an expiry date and a CVV number on the back, you can use your card for the Credit Card payment option during checkout.
Note: Cheque cards are known as debit cards outside of South Africa.
- Select the Credit Card payment option on the payment page.
- Enter your cardholder name exactly as it appears on your card.
- Enter your card number (numbers only, no spaces or dashes)
- Enter your card expiry date
- Enter your CVV number (the last 3 digits on the back of the card.)
- Click on the Pay Now button.
- You may be redirected to your bank’s 3D Secure system to authenticate the transaction.
- Once authenticated, you will be redirected to the GIBS site to complete the transaction.
50% of the course fee is due prior to the course start date and the balance within 30 days of this same date.
Visa and Mastercard are the only supported card types.
There are a few common card transaction errors that may be responsible for the failure of your payment:
- Check that you entered the correct CVV / CVC number (the last 3 digits on the back of the card).
- Make sure that the card number you entered contains only numbers – no spaces or dashes.
- The OTP (one-time pin) you received from your bank may have been entered incorrectly.
- Confirm via your online banking that you don’t have a limit set on your credit or cheque card.
If you continue to experience issues, please get in touch with our support team at [email protected] or on +27 (0) 11 771 4120.
- Select the EFT payment option on the payment page.
- Click the Submit Registration button.
- We’ll assign you your unique payment reference number and display the GIBS bank account details.
- Your payment reference number must be used when making the transfer so that we can accurately link the payment to your account.
- Thereafter, a copy of these details will be emailed to you.
50% of the course fee is due prior to the course start date, and the balance is due within 30 days of this same date.
Your enrolment may be subject to a delay should the incorrect payment reference be used.
Payments received after hours, on weekends or public holidays will be processed the following business day.
GIBS is 100% safe and secure.
- Your account login, personal details and payment information is encrypted between your web browser and our server using 256 bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
- Your credit card details are never stored on our server.
- We make use of 3D Secure to further enhance the security of our online credit card transactions.
- All sensitive information stored by us to facilitate certain transactions is fully encrypted in our database.
3D Secure is an authentication system developed by major credit card companies to enhance the security of online credit card transactions and protect against potential fraud.
The Visa implementation of 3D Secure is referred to as Verified by Visa and the Mastercard implementation is Mastercard SecureCode.
How does it work?
When transacting with your credit card on the GIBS website, you may be redirected to your bank’s 3D Secure system to authenticate the transaction.
Your bank will have their own authentication system such as the use of an OTP (one-time pin) sent via SMS to your phone, verification via mobile app, or the use of a secret passphrase.
After your transaction is authenticated, you’ll be redirected to the GIBS site to complete the transaction.
You can manage your courses and check all outstanding balances from the Profile tab at the top of the GIBS page. Click My Enrolments to see a summary of any amounts paid and due on your course.
If you’ve already been through the registration and payment process and would like to make a follow-up payment for your course, you can do so by going to the Profile tab.
- Select Enrolments on the navigation menu.
- Click on the Pay Balance link underneath your course.
- You’ll be taken back to the payment page where the balance due can be paid via any of our available payment options.
GIBS has its own online self-service vendor portal which offers you and your organisation the ability to generate quotes, create purchase orders, manage employee/member enrolments, and bulk purchase courses at discounted rates.
You’ll have access to a dedicated account manager who will be able to assist your organisation with any of your training and learning requirements.
You can sign up for free at link
If you require any further information, please get in touch with our corporate training department on +27 (0) 11 771 4120
Our enrolment managers are available Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00 GMT+2 (South Africa), and are able to assist with queries related to the course content, registration process, payment and enrolment.
- Phone: +27 21 201 1167
- Email: [email protected]
- WhatsApp: https://wa.me/27680402027
- LiveChat: https://lc.chat/now/9153835/
Our course coordinators are available Monday to Friday 08:00 to 19:00 GMT+2 (South Africa), and are able to assist with all queries related to your experience on the course and learning platform.
- Phone: +27 21 110 0630
- Email: [email protected]
Your certificate will be couriered to you directly from the University of Pretoria. This can take up to 3 months as your final assignment will need to be submitted for moderation and your certificate will need to be processed by the university.
Upon successful completion of all required course-related activities, and satisfactory grades on the final assignment, you will be awarded an official certificate from the University of Pretoria. This certificate states that you have successfully completed a competency-based course. We will also send through a Statement of Results that you can include in your CV or list on your LinkedIn profile.
Participation is required in the weekly forum discussion on the online learning platform.
Each course has one dedicated faculty member who will interact with participants on forums, and answer any queries forwarded to them by the GIBS coordinators. Faculty also grade and provide feedback on assignments. GIBS’ skilled team of course coordinators are available to assist you throughout your learning journey.
As the course is presented online, all of your course material will be uploaded onto your student profile which is accessible to you at any time. You will be required to complete assessments and participate in forums on the online learning platform. The platform is available 24/7 with specific deadlines for certain events, assignments and assessments.
GIBS offers online short courses that are accredited under the auspices of the University of Pretoria. Upon successful completion of a competency-based short course, participants receive a certificate from the University of Pretoria.
In accordance with the regulatory requirements of the Council of Higher Education (CHE), short courses are not credit bearing and do not align to an NQF level qualification. While the NQF framework intends for the articulation from one qualification to another. USB-ED online short courses are intended as workplace-relevant skills support programmes, which provide participants with practical skills that can be implemented almost immediately within the workplace.
These short courses are designed and approved by GIBS faculty and by the University of Pretoria as industry-relevant skills interventions which will assist you in your day to day work and accelerate your career progression.
The Gordon Institute of Business Science is one of the top business schools in South Africa and a faculty of the University of Pretoria. GIBS is an online learning partner of the University of Pretoria, and offers a range of digital programmes.
GIBS was established in 2000 with investments from the University of Pretoria and Sir Donald Gordon; the school is named after Sir Gordon in recognition of the generosity of both in his contributions to the school and the South African business world.
The minimum pass requirement for each course is 50%. Please note that to pass the course you will need to meet the minimum criteria for submissions.
There is no formal examination – your assessments and assignments will determine your final course grade.
The course content will become unavailable once the course has been completed and closed, meaning that you will no longer be able to access it. However, you will be able to download the course notes in PDF format as you go through the course.
Unfortunately, our video content is not downloadable. However, transcripts are included in the course notes which are available in a PDF format.
Our learning platform makes use of various multimedia elements, including video content, interactive learning content and imagery, all of which require a stable internet connection. However, the course notes are available for download in a PDF format and can be accessed offline with a PDF viewer.
All of our courses can be accessed via a web browser on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. However, you will need a desktop or laptop computer to complete and submit your written assignments.
The following web browsers are supported:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Our learning platform makes use of various multimedia elements, including video content, interactive learning content and imagery, all of which require a stable internet connection.
CANCELLATIONS AND DEFERRALS
GIBS, in consultation with the University of Pretoria, reserves the right to cancel or defer a course if there is insufficient demand. Should your course be cancelled, you will receive a full refund. Please note that no interest will accrue on any amounts refunded to you, and any applicable bank charges will be offset against the refunded amount.
You have 7 (seven) calendar days from the date of your first payment to request a refund of any amounts paid by you towards the course in question. Your refund will be paid to you within 30 (thirty) days once we have received and accepted your request for cancellation.
GIBS students are not required to pay a registration fee. The only amount you will need to pay is the course fee.
As we look forward to the much-awaited face-to-face return of LeaderFest’s annual event, community members will have the…
It has become increasingly evident that business and management development training is crucial for any organisation, big or…
MasterStart and Coventry University launch landmark microcredentials to improve access to key skills in Africa.
Today, we at MasterStart have announced our exciting collaboration with Coventry University – a UK-based institution that was recently ranked best in the world for online courses.
South African edtech platform MasterStart has partnered with Cambridge Spark to offer data analysis and technology training courses…
MasterStart and UK-based Cambridge Spark collaborate to bring data analysis and AI training online for African professionals
South African startup MasterStart and UK-based AI specialist Cambridge Spark hope to bridge the gap between hard technical…
The recent Quarterly Labour Force Survey made for sobering reading for those concerned with youth unemployment in South…
Recent news headlines, and frequent public faux pas, show that corporate South Africa has a long way to…
The Strategic Management process is an approach to business which dictates everything from planning to execution and ensures…
Project management as a process is not simply overseeing assignments or projects in place. Instead, the project management…